Monday, January 20, 2014

Vida and Nic {A Rustic Affair}

When I stepped into the reception at Vida and Nic's beautiful rustic wedding this past September, I knew I wanted to feature their day here on Jade & Jasmine. The oversized centrepieces, the burlap-and-ribbon-wrapped jars holding the most delicately-coloured blooms, the Mediterranean touches hearkening back to Vida's mixed Lebanese and Jewish heritage... It was simply beautiful! I was overjoyed when Vida agreed to share their love story with us. The very next day I posted some Instagram snaps I had taken to whet your appetites, but I am eclipsed. It has been a long wait, but there is no rushing perfection. And that is what these beautiful images by Andywayne Photography are - utter perfection!

There was no doubt that Vida would be a beautiful bride. But, resplendent in her ivory gown and surrounded by the beauty of nature, she took our breath away as she floated down the aisle at their garden ceremony. It is no surprise then that she has chosen to put her name in the hat for the title of SA Weddings Bride of the Year 2013. 
{You can check out Vida's entry here and vote for her by texting 30074 to 36697}

But before I am run away with my emotions, here is the lovely Vida to share their story.







{How We Met}

I was about 15 years old and was introduced to one of my big brother's close friends. His name was Nic. I soon developed a major crush on this rugged stranger! Nic, who was obviously older and cooler than lil ol' me, was absolutely positively uninterested! It was only when I became 18 that he even knew of my existence! We started dating after my 21st birthday and haven't looked back since then.












{How He Proposed}

Nic and his mom decided to trick me into going shopping for an engagement ring which they had told me was for his mom! I was of course grumpy as Nic and I had been together for about 6 years and we were not engaged! We went to Hyde Park to have a look around. As we looked, Nic and his mom asked me what I thought of the various rings and even asked me to try some on! I remained confused and grumpy! Eventually Nic stopped, looked at me and said, "Babe, the reason we are here is for you. I love you and I want to marry you." HUH?! I was overwhelmed with emotion and of course said "yes!" We all began to cry right there in the middle of the mall!

Nic decided to propose for a second time (he wasn't satisfied with the first attempt) with the ring we had both chosen. It was a few days afterwards, in our kitchen with our darling dogs overlooking. It was the most beautiful moment I had ever experienced.












{Our Wedding Day}

Unlike many ladies, I had never really thought about what type of wedding I wanted. Then we discovered PINTEREST! We fell madly in love with the rustic and Mediterranean theme! We wanted our wedding to reflect elegance, warmth and nature. Our wedding day was held on a spring afternoon. The sun was shining and there was a cool breeze. Our ceremony was held outside under two large oak trees. We stood under a white chuppah covered with roses and soft pastel ribbons which blew in the wind. It was so beautiful. 












The reception was held in a thatched venue with wooden beams covered in twinkling fairy lights. The tables were decorated with hessian overlays. White, coral and blush flowers were placed in different size jars we had collected and decorated with hessian, ribbon, lace and different textures. In the middle of the tables we had tall cylindrical vases filled with pebbles and twisted willow branches. Our favours were small bottles of olive oil and olive branches. 







{My Favourite Moments}

I think my favourite memory of our wedding day must've been our first dance. It was a significant moment for me. It felt as though we were the only two people in the world...surrounded by so much warmth and love.










{Advice for Brides-To-Be}

I think staying true to yourself is the most important thing. Do what makes you and your partner happy. 
Both myself and Nic promised that we would make the most of our wedding day. We didn't sweat any of the small stuff. We danced, we drank and we ate!



{Suppliers}

{Venue and Catering} The Moon and Sixpence
{Photography and Videography} Andywayne Photography and Video
{Flowers} Dilightful Wedding Flowers
{Decor Hire} Ruby Moon
{Marriage Officer} Ryan Hogarth
{Cake Pops and Cake} Party Pops
{Hair and Make-Up} Glam Squad

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...