Tuesday, September 11, 2012

And I'm Back!

Hello lovelies!

So it's been a little over a month since I packed my metaphorical bags for a trip to the land of couch and period films, but that doesn't mean it's been a quiet month! This blogger has a few news items that I'm quite excited to share with you all!


Firstly, a big thank you to my faithful readers - in my absence Jade & Jasmine has received over 600 page views, putting the total number well above 2,500 page views since I started in January. It's great to see that you enjoyed the classics while I was away! Readership is growing in leaps and bounds, with people checking in from all corners of the globe! Why not join the site and stay up to date with what we're up to? I love making new friends!

Secondly, you may have noticed a couple new buttons in my side bar. During my hiatus I was invited by my buddy Emma over at Random Ramblings to participate in her exciting new Guest Guru series. Her aim is to have people who are gurus in their particular field share a little knowledge with her readers. Due to either my overabundance of knowledge or my long-windedness (you can decide), my post was split into two parts that you can check out here and here! Thanks again to Emma for the awesome opportunity, I had a blast writing my article!


In the last month Jade & Jasmine also became a supplier over at Wedding Friends, an exciting new initiative in the South African wedding industry that takes the best in the industry and puts them all in one place for brides to find! It provides suppliers the opportunity to share their expertise and past work with other members of the industry to encourage networking and relationships, and we're so happy to have been chosen to be part of this! Check out our listing here! And keep an eye out, you may just see some vintage Jade & Jasmine shared in the future! :)

Thirdly - and this is by far my favourite and most exciting piece of news - this blogger found out that she is going to be a mommy! Hubby and I are both incredibly excited to have been blessed with a little baba who will join our world in early April next year! Our little Poppy Seed is now 10 weeks old and growing bigger every day! This is the primary reason I chose to take a blog hiatus - morning sickness is a bit of a downer, and keeping up with blogging became a little on the tough side. It is for this reason also that I have decided to can my photo challenge. The idea of having to go out every day to photograph something to post is exhausting! The cuteness in the pic below is our beautiful baba! S/he didn't stop moving about during the entire scan - an energetic one like his/her mom!


We are also now in the final stretch of prep for our Matric farewell ball on the 13th of October! Things are going beautifully and I look forward to sharing photos of the evening with you! Now to go finish sewing!!

Tomorrow you can look forward to some spring bouquet inspiration, and on Friday I will be sharing an inspiration board for a deep purple wedding - so glamorous and regal!

Until tomorrow!
Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...