Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Perfect Bridal Shower: {Part 1} For the Decadent Bride

It is no secret that when it comes to planning that perfect bridal shower, most maids of honour start to sweat bullets! If you've ever been bestowed this particular honour, you'll remember how you wanted to be the perfect maid! But planning the perfect send-off is often so much more difficult than we give it credit! What will the bride like, what is within that all-important budget? The questions never end! But once the theme is nailed down, things start to move a lot more smoothly...

I have been a maid of honour twice, and am now scheduled for my third go-around as a bridesmaid! But, as the universe would have it, I have not been responsible for conceptualising any bridal showers - that has been taken care of by brides, over-bearing mothers of brides, and of course, a very stressed maid of honour! But that doesn't mean I haven't had a few ideas of my own floating around in my head!

And so, I feel it is my civic duty to share a few of these ideas with you, and maybe save someone out there a few sleepless nights! Maybe. I've searched far and wide to put together a group of shower ideas to turn any girl green with envy, and I think I've done okay! It was my initial intention so share them all at once but, once the brain started ticking and pen was put to paper, I found that there was no way I could throw all of these great themes into one post. 

So enjoy and be inspired by these theme ideas for the decadent bride.

{The Great Gatsby}



When one thinks of decadence, few things can rival the roaring twenties - an era of glamour, elegance and wild abandon! What girl out there doesn't want to, for a night, dress in pearls and feathers and finery and act like she has not a care in the world? This is a perfect theme for a bride-to-be with a decadent edge! Make sure the champagne flows and the jazz is good, and you can Charleston the night away with your bestie.


Start the party with a high tea for the moms and grans, and move into a Gatsby-inspired after party to end the evening. Dress tables with glitzy linen and tall candelabras, and make sure the bar is fully stocked for the era of prohibition! Tell your guests to dress up to complete the look.



{Moulin Rouge}



Think Paris 1889, think glitz and glamour, think cabaret, think spectacle! When I got married, this is the theme that Kes chose for my bridal shower - and it was a blast! If you loved the movie and it's array of bold colours, this is the perfect shower for you! 


Dress in sequins and boas and corset tops and long gloves and fishnet stockings and garters! Dress the venue in red and black, drape linen EVERYWHERE to create a perfect backdrop, and let Paris be your decor inspiration! 



{Cocktails and Cupcakes}



If your bestie has a sweet tooth, this is probably one of the best things you can do for her - give her the best of both worlds! Let her relax with a delicious piña colada while she nibbles on a hummingbird cupcake, or let her enjoy a decadent combo of a chocolate chip cupcake with a chocolate martini! 


Guests can dress in cute cocktail wear, and give the bride-to-be a cute hat or tiara to make her feel like the princess she is while she's spoilt by her girls! 


Keep and eye out for Part 2 coming soon, where I'll be sharing ideas for showers for the traditional bride!


Until next time!
Peace and Love!

1 comment:

  1. My god! You have done so much planning for budget and all. Liking the concepts and of course dealing perfectly with all the preparations. Chocolate chips cakes and delicious food ordered at my friend's baby shower were also amazing. Got DIY invite for wedding venues Los Angeles last month. She was treated like a queen with flower bands and crown by her husband.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...