Monday, July 30, 2012

{Conversations With a Pro} Makeup By Pam

Image by Ryan Parker Photo

Makeup artist Pamela Pierce is a superb talent. Putting the "Pam" back in "pamper" since 2009, she has had many a satisfied, no, make that deliriously overjoyed, bride wearing her art on their wedding day! When I first met Pam, I had zero intention of hiring a makeup artist for my own wedding, but just chatting to her and witnessing her passion and enthusiasm for her craft changed my mind completely! Needless to say, I chose to hire Pam to make me gorgeous for my Big Day - and didn't she make me feel like a queen and look even better! I can now safely say, with absolutely no bias, that when it comes to makeup, I will use no other! And never again will I consider doing my own makeup for a special event. I am officially converted!

I've asked Pam to share a little about herself and her business with me, with us, so enjoy!


Images by Ryan Parker Photo (left) and Pixel Pro Photography (right)


{What lead you to a life of makeup artistry?} 

I have always loved makeup and how it can make a woman look her best and therefore feel amazing about herself.  It is an art form using the face as a canvas and makeup as the paint; however, it does not CREATE beauty - it brings out the beauty that is ALREADY THERE.


Image by Pixel Pro Photography

{Where did you study your craft?}

Karma Academy in Pretoria. And at my own mirror since I was 10 years old! :-)

Images by Erica B Photography

{What's in your bag of tricks?}

M.A.C, Kaleidoscope, Nyx, Palladio, Essence, Catrice and others. I don't feel the need to be religious about a brand. I use high quality products and select the best brand for the particular product I am looking for.

Image by Studio 68 Photography

{Why is it so important for brides to consider a professional for their Big Day?}

Photographs are all that remain after the wedding day, so they need to be excellent. I believe a good photographer and a good makeup artist are two essentials for every bride - a good photographer so that she has beautiful memories to look at, and a good makeup artist so that she looks her best in the photos. What a tragedy if a bride spends thousands of rands on a brilliant photographer and nothing on a makeup artist and she looks pasty and washed out in all her pictures!

Images by Studio 68 Photography (left) and Ryan Parker Photo (right)

{What is the most important piece of advice you can give to brides, or any other women in fact?} 

Have a trial appointment! Then be honest about what you think about the end result - we are artists, not mind-readers! :-)

Image by Ryan Parker Photo

{What makeup does Pam never leave the house without?} 

Blush and mascara.

Images by Clive Middlemas Photography

{What is your favourite part of your job?}

Seeing a bride fully dressed and made up and beaming with happiness. I'm priveliged to be part of a woman's special day.

Images by Andrew Elliott

{Contact}

{Website} www.makeupbypam.co.za  
{Cell} 084 827 6874
{Facebook} Makeup by Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...