Monday, July 16, 2012

{Trend} Ombré: Yay or Nay?


ombré  (adj) \ˈäm-ˌbrā\  :  having colors or tones that shade into each other —used especially of fabrics in which the color is graduated from light to dark



It is unbelievably difficult to browse Pinterest nowadays without coming across at least 3,482 examples of ombré wedding elements each time! Before I joined Pinterest, I'd never even heard of this trend but, then again, Pinterest has an uncanny knack for uncovering and popularising the oddest of things...

I've thought long and hard about whether or not I subscribe to this particular trend, and my answer is as such - everything in moderation! I do believe that if one is going to create a whole wedding of ombré elements, we may as well take a trip down to Sesame Street, but a few touches here and there can add quite the impact to one's event.

But I do beg of you - if you are going to take this approach to your wedding decor, think about it first! Will you still be proud to display your photos in a year or two, or will it be akin to hosting a faddish Twilight or Hunger Games themed wedding - your friends loving it today, but sniggering behind your back tomorrow for your juvenile choices? Think hard.

Because I still love fun, here are a few ombré elements I've gathered to inspire you on your nuptial journey! There are a million ways to use this trend, so play!

















Until next time!
Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...