Saturday, April 07, 2012

{DIY} Coloured Mason Jars


I am unashamedly on a bit of a DIY kick at the moment, basically living on Pinterest (follow me!) and pinning as many great DIY projects I can find! And this one is especially awesome! Not only is it really simple, but it looks great! Perfect for a DIY wedding or event, or even just for home decor, these jars can be customised to any colour you can imagine!

I found this project on Craftberry Bush - an awesome blog if you're into your crafts! Check it out for some great - and inexpensive - DIY projects!

To make these great vintage inspired jars just mix 1 tsp of White Elmers' glue or Modge Podge with 1.5 tsp of water and three drops of food colouring.  (For darker jars, add more food colouring). This should be enough to cover three jars. With a paintbrush, using even strokes, apply the mixture to the outside of the jar from the top to the bottom. Allow to dry, and voila!

I can't wait to try this project out! If anyone gives it a go, share your pics, I'd love to see them! :)

Until next time, happy DIYing!
Peace and Love!

2 comments:

  1. Does this make coloured jars!?!
    Like tints the glass?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly it doesn't tint the glass, simply creates a colour layer over the outside. It can wash off quite easily (just a short soak in hot water and a rub), so it's not dishwasher safe. It also can streak a bit if your jar isn't perfectly clean of any residue, which is a pain! Ask me, I know! It does look very pretty though, once done properly :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...