Thursday, May 24, 2012

Care For a Date? {30 Day Challenge}

{Your idea of the perfect first date}


Now this is a really tough one for me... See, I've never dated, in the awkward dinner / movie / drinks sense of the word. In my 27 years I've only ever had six boyfriends (the jury's still out on whether it's me or all mankind that is picky), and all of those relationships (however short-lived some of them have been) started out as friendships (and, I'm not afraid to say, many should have stayed that way!).

I've never been one for the "chase-a-man" lifestyle. I always believed Prince Charming would stroll into my life at exactly the right moment, that I wouldn't have to look for him, just be open to him when he arrived. I guess you could say I'm a big believer in Fate. And it worked!

Yes, I've had many a teenage crush along the way, but those were usually short-lived. The deal-breaker was, what I like to call,  The Conversation Test. I would imagine having a one-on-one conversation with said crush - if it felt unnatural or I knew we'd have nothing in common to talk about, the crush quickly faded. Communication is very important to me, VERY!

I guess, based on this, my ideal first date would be something very relaxed where I could talk to my date, maybe over drinks. I've always thought that a first date should be a group affair to take the edge off. People psych themselves out worrying about being funny / charming / PERFECT, so a more casual situation would allow yourself and your date to get to know each other in an environment conducive to good conversation and laughter. It is also easier to tell what sort of person someone is by watching their interactions with others. Perhaps this makes me sound a little Nancy Drew-ish, but I've always said if you want to find the biggest romantics, look for the biggest cynics.

Until tomorrow!
Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...