Tuesday, May 22, 2012

How You Doin'? {30 Day Challenge}

{A photo of yourself and a description of how your day was}


I know this is not the most flattering photo I could have chosen, but bear with me! I chose this photo because it was the perfect photo to accompany this post. It was taken in September of last year, about a month before my wedding. My bestie Kes and I had just had our make-up trials for the Big Day. If you look closely you can see the imprint of my Celtic tiara on my forehead - I hadn't got the shape just perfect yet! As soon as Pam (our make-up artist and friend) left we dove right in to wedding decor prep - hence the gloves. We had to wash an eight kilo bag of white pebbles for my centrepieces (I was the ultimate DIY bride!) and spit shine nine large glass cube vases and about a million small glass fishbowls! When we finished I was a hundred years old.

Which brings me to today... Sure, my wedding prep is a thing of the past, but that doesn't mean the work stops! In the events industry, even when you don't have work, you work - that's how you make it. I had a little house work that needed doing, so I tackled it like a good wifey (it smells good and clean and fresh, tralala). I may or may not have a corporate event lined up for November, so I started brainstorming ideas while I cleaned my kitchen! I then launched head first into Matric Dance prep! Not as labour intensive as shovelling rocks in water, but all is ready for our mock-up on the 4th of June! Overlays sewn, tags punched, invitations almost complete for handover... Of course I spent a bit of time on social networking - that's how you find clients - and I also spent some time refining packages, T&Cs and general info! And of course, I spent some time writing to you lovely people! Inbetween work though, I did find time to relax and crochet some more of my blankie!

Almost half way there!

A productive day! But it's not over yet! I'm still feeling spritely, so I think a cup of tea and some more Matric Dance work is in order - only five invites to go! I can't wait to share photos with you - it's going to be a stunning event!

Until tomorrow!
Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...