Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Alice in Kempton Park

This is just a short one today - something I've been meaning to share with you for the last few weeks! A bit of a photo entry, shall we say? As you may know (or not...have I even mentioned it?), we're busy working on the Matric Farewell Ball for Shangri-La Academy in Kempton Park, and a few weeks ago we had our decor mock-up! I'm quite excited about this event! Not only was I at school with a few of the teachers, but I was also taught by a number of them in primary school, so this event is close to my heart. I can't explain how excited I was when we got the job!

Their chosen theme is Alice in Wonderland - could a girl ask for any more creative freedom!?! I've had so much fun brainstorming ideas. Below is the inspiration board I came up with to set us on our path.



I wanted to incorporate as much of the story as possible, not just the tea party, and I wanted the colours to be bold and rich!
This is what we came up with... 

{DISCLAIMER: I am by no means a photographer, so don't judge too harshly! Professional pics would do the design more justice, but we'll just have to be patient...}

We used the purple overlay for the mock-up, but we'll also be using royal blue and emerald green.

Playing cards will double as table numbers


The chess pieces will hold the seating cards and will be alternated with the colour of the napkin


My attempt at an arty shot :)
I can't wait to share pro pics of the event with you! Only four months to go!! *happy dance*

Until next time!
Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...