Sunday, June 03, 2012

Music of the Gods {30 Day Challenge}

{Your favourite musician and why}

Maynard James Keenan

I'll be honest, this is a post I've been dreading! While I am a person who LOVES my music, there are few people I know who share my taste. So this post is especially difficult to write...

Without a doubt, my favourite musician is Maynard James Keenan of Tool. WHO!? Sigh... This is my dilemma. Maynard has perhaps the best voice in metal at the moment. His voice could melt steel! But as far as the mainstream world is concerned, he doesn't exist.

Tool is by far my favourite band, and Maynard demonstrates a level of control and skill that few vocalists nowadays can match. Forget the likes of Maroon 5 and JT and all those other B-grade singers, this man is made of pure talent! Not to mention that Danny Carey is a phenomenal drummer that none can match!

I've been trying to find a Tool song that best shows off Maynard's voice, and this has been a challenge - they're all so good! But these are the songs I chose.

{DISCLAIMER: If you're not a fan of this genre, just give these songs a chance. If after that you don't agree, you reserve that right. But at least listen to them once.}


 


Until tomorrow!
Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...