Friday, June 01, 2012

Too Much of Girliness! {30 Day Challenge}

{What's in your make-up bag?}

Those who know me, know that while I like to look after myself, I'm not what one would call a girly girl. So this is perhaps the girliest you'll ever see me! Brace yourselves, it could get ugly!



What's in my make-up bag? Not that much, actually. I'm not a huge fan of foundation, I only ever wear it on special occasions or if I feel like getting dolled up, so don't be surprised at the lack thereof.

I'm one for detail, so let me break it down for you.

Rimmel Stay Matte Dual Action Concealer (in 040 Soft Beige) - For when I have those hormonal break-outs and need a little coverage, I love this stick! It's got a spot-fighting core and blends so easily and naturally. I won't use any other!

Essence Mattifying Compact Powder (in Translucent) - A great mattifying powder that doesn't dry and gives my skin a healthy-looking glow!

Essence Mosaic Compact Powder (in Sunkissed Beauty) - I use this powder for facial contouring. I love that, because it's mosaic, it gives a natural-looking colour that blends well to a healthy finish.

Rimmel Powder Blush (in 004 Pink Rose) - I wasn't a person that used blush. But when my friend (and make-up artist) Pam used some on me for my wedding, it convinced me that I should maybe invest in some - and so I did! This colour works so well on my European skin, giving a healthy, rosy colour to my cheeks, that I don't leave home without it!

Rimmel GlamEyes Quad Eyeshadow (in 002 Smokey Brun) - This is the best buy I have ever made! Perfect smokey eyes in 2 minutes! Each quad is designed to compliment a different eye colour - my eyes are blue, hence the browns and bronzes. On the back of the case are instructions on how to wear your eyeshadow and what compliments the look - great for those who are a bit unsure when it comes to making up their eyes! And it gives a daytime look that easily transforms into nighttime! Every time I wear this eyeshadow I get complimented on how my eyes stand out. I also use this shadow in place of eyeliner - it gives a softer finish and compliments the colour palette perfectly. Brilliant stuff!

Rimmel GlamEyes Day 2 Night Mascara (in 001 Black) - This is also a great product! With its two-in-one magic cap, you essentially get two mascaras for the price of one! Twist out the top cap for lengthening and definition for daytime wear, or twist out the bottom cap for intense volume for nighttime wear. And this is the first "no clump" mascara I've ever bought that actually doesn't clump on my lashes! I heart it!

Oh, my lipstick! I don't keep this with my other make-up, I like to touch it up a little more regularly, hence my forgetfulness in photographing it!


Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick (in Burgundy Delight) - My newest obsession is red lips, but finding a colour to match my pale skin proved difficult! So I moved towards the wine reds, and boom! Loving it! I wear it slightly kissed off for less formal occasions, and rock it full and deep for special occasions.

For those of you wondering what the final item is in my make-up bag, prepare to be wowed! I have never come across another like it ANYWHERE! I've looked! Behold - the only brush you'll ever need!


Only God, the people at Rimmel and a professional make-up artist would know what this brush is supposed to be used for, and I'm not any of those! It has super soft bristles, and is virtually self-cleaning, so I use it for whatever I need it for - my powders, to apply blush and to clean up any eyeshadow spills that may occur! If anybody has seen these anywhere in South Africa, please drop me a comment below! I've had this one for close on nine years, but getting another can't hurt for when this one goes walkies. I love it's protective cap - it has extended the life of this brush beyond all others I have owned! Why aren't all brushes made like this!?

So I'm clearly a Rimmel girl, what are you? I'd love to hear what products you love!

Until tomorrow!
Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...