Saturday, June 02, 2012

City of Gold {30 Day Challenge}

{A photo of the town you live in}

{Sourced from photoclub.co.za}

When people think of Johannesburg, they think smog, traffic and crime. But as someone who has lived most of her life in Joburg, I can honestly say I wouldn't want to live anywhere else! As Rod is so fond of saying, Joburg is like heroin - you know it's bad for you, but once you've had it you can't live without it. Never a truer word was spoken!


While I adore the countryside, and every now and then crave an escape from the city, deep down inside I'm a city girl, and the hustle and bustle of Jozi makes me feel alive! I am a person almost entirely composed of energy, and this city gives me what I need - enough excitement and action to ignite that creative spark and the opportunity to unleash it upon the universe! Yes, the traffic gets me down, and crime has maybe made me more cynical than a New Yorker, but who hasn't had a couple guns aimed at their heads in their own living room? Despite everything that people can say against Joburg, I love it here! I was made for it.

This photo is a panoramic view over the Northcliff area of Joburg, featuring the iconic water tower on the hill. The view from up there is spectacular! Somewhere among the twinkling lights is my house.

Until tomorrow!
Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...