Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Camel Named Camille {30 Day Challenge}

{Something you could never get tired of doing}

This is not me, this is a picture I found on Google. That's one happy camel! :)
Life is made up of many strange encounters - with people, with objects, with places - and my sole encounter with a camel at Gold Reef City was a match made in heaven. I was at the theme park with a few varsity friends, and we came across a guy offering free camel rides. I'd always been curious about riding a camel, so leaped at the opportunity! I climbed on, and they walked us around the beer garden area, trotting at times (do camels "trot"?), and by the time the ride was over I was hooked! 

Camels are awesome, they always look like they're smiling! I can safely say that if I had the opportunity to ride a camel everyday, I would take it. It is most definitely something that I would never get tired of doing! Perhaps I should consider moving to some or other Arabic country so I could own my very own camel. I could name her Camille and ride her everywhere! "Honey, I'm just popping out to visit Kes. I'm taking the camel. Do we need bread and milk?" I can see it now...

The few moments sitting atop that beautiful, swaying beast was one of the most powerful and liberating experiences of my life. Who doesn't enjoy the feeling of being high up and in charge, even if only for a few minutes sitting astride a camel? The small joys in life. If you've never tried it, do - it comes highly recommended by this blogger!

Until tomorrow!
Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...